Thursday, January 8, 2009

New parenting technique?

Well it is for me anyway. It has been a complete struggle since Peyton's first tooth emerged to get him to cooperate with teeth brushing. I have tried EVERYTHING. Electric toothbrush, letting him brush my teeth while I do his--you name it, I tried it. I even asked my dentist what to do. He said, "well you can't not brush his teeth, so you may have to just pin him down and get the job done." I HATE doing that, and dread teeth brushing time just as much as Peyton does. I don't even know how I even thought of this, it is so completely random, and would never have thought that this would work, but if I sing "Happy Birthday" to him, he just lays there, with his mouth open, and watches me sing it while I brush his teeth (for a two whole rounds!). I've tried singing the A, B, C's and every other one of his favorite songs and it never worked. What drove me to randomly pick "Happy Birthday," is beyond me. But hey I'll take anything that works... :) And we'll see how long this bliss lasts.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey....like you said WHATEVER works!