Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Olivia update

I really don't even know where to being with our girl...she's changed so much since my last update.  I'm having a hard time finding any time to keep up the blog with my work schedule and with our weekends being so busy.  I know most people probably don't read these updates, but I want to document the little things about Olivia at 21 months. So here are some tidbits...

~Her vocabulary has exploded.  She's starting to put a few words together to form small sentences.  She repeats everything we say (especially Peyton).  My favorite phrases of hers are: "Yeah baby, say it!" "Otay" (Okay), "Hah good day!" (Have a good day!) "Yep pease" (Yes, please).

~Peyton and Olivia often fight over talk time and attention now, especially in the car.  On the way to school, if Peyton is trying to tell me something, Olivia often will talk (yell) over him "Mama! Mama!" Peyton really gets frustrated and then in turn tells Olivia to be quiet. When I finally about lose my marbles from all the yelling/talking. I tell Peyton to pause for a minute to see what Olivia wants to say.  Then she'll say something like "Hi Mama" or "Mama, see dum (dump) tuck?" HA...it's just her way of making sure she is heard too.  Peyton handles it pretty well, but I can see how it is frustrating for him.

~Olivia had a rough summer with illness.  She had multiple colds, Coxsackie virus, a couple stomach virus' (she's just getting over another one!) and croup.  Ever since, she's not been the great eater that she used to be.  She still loves her fruits and veggies, but has shied away from pasta and meat.  Her favorites right now are pineapple, apples, peanuts, toast, oatmeal w/pb, peppers, cucumbers, yogurt pretzels, croutons and granola bars. Oh and cah-cakes (cupcakes).  I'm pretty sure the combo of her sucking her thumb nonstop and Peyton bringing home germs from school is the culprit of being sick so much.

~She loves to color, especially with "marfers" (markers).  She loves to take the cap off and put it on the top, scribble a bit and then recap the marker (or not). 

~She also loves puzzles and legos.  She plays with her duplo legos but would much rather play with Peyton's smaller legos.  She does well building with the smaller ones with us watching closely, and luckily she never puts them in her mouth.  She has really good fine motor skills like Peyton does.  I'm excited to build the pink lego sets with her when she gets older.  She really likes cars/trains too.

~She's so stinking tall. She is in 2T, sometimes 3T clothes, size 7 shoes, and size 5 diapers.

~She's sleeping well.  She takes a nap during the day, sometimes two and sleeps from ~8pm to~7am.

There's a lot more I could say about her, but these are the basics!  She is so fun right now, I remember loving this age with Peyton too.  Here are some random pics from the last month or so...I've also been horrible about taking pictures NOT on my phone. :)

Brushing her teeth

Timeout~she thinks it's the cool thing to do



She loves Peyton's train set

No comments: