Friday, January 2, 2015

NYE/2014 Reflection

I  had to work until 9pm this NYE so we didn't do anything this year to celebrate.  I wasn't going to do my annual reflection..but I think it will be nice to have in the future to look back on.  This is hard to do as I get older, the years go by so fast and I can't remember which year I did what.  Let's see how 2014 was.....  

1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before? Started a beauty blog.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
 

Last year's:
~Get back in great running shape, I'm finding that running is the easiest way for me to stay in shape.  I also want to lift more weights to tone up a bit. This did not happen.  I injured by back lifting weights.  I am in the worst shape I've ever been in my life. 
~Be more financially responsible and be ready for those unexpected expenses, i.e. a new transmission for one of the Volvos that's now in the shop.  UGH. Still working on this.  Life always brings something fun to the table financially.  

This year's goals: 
~Get back into running and get strong.  I just finished chiropractic treatment and my back feels so much better.  I'm slowly starting to lift again and I started running last week.  
~Have more patience.  Life is so busy and stressful and I let it get the best of me.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not this year.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My Pancho.  :( I miss him so much.

5. What countries did you visit? None.

6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? Energy.

7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 11/23/14, when Pancho passed away in my arms. 

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I got a promotion at work and ran a successful Jog-a-thon for Peyton's school.

9. What was your biggest failure? Getting way out of shape.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Back strain.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Makeup...it makes me happy.

12. Where did most of your money go? House mortgage, daycare/school tuition.

13. What did you get really excited about? Steph's wedding and Wickiup

14. What song will always remind you of 2014? Turn Down For What by Lil'John and Fancy by Iggy Azaela.  My kids and I have dance parties to those songs regularly.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Same

– thinner or fatter? Same weight, but unhealthier. 

– richer or poorer? Richer.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Running, more quality time with the kids, more cleaning/organizing.


17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry/stressing...I had a lot on my plate this year.

18. How did you spend Christmas? With family.

19. What was your favorite TV program? Parenthood, I am currently in season 4 and LOVE it.  

20. What were your favorite books of the year? I'm finding I have less and less time devoted to reading.  My favorite was probably The Fault in my Stars.

21. What was your favorite music from this year? Beyonce!

22. What were your favorite films of the year? I honestly can't answer this question.  I didn't see anything that sticks out in my mind.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I worked. I turned 34.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having my mom here, as always.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014? I don't have any sort of "concept," but I wore a lot of neutrals.   

26. What kept you sane? B.  He supports me in all I do.  

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014: The grief of losing someone never goes away, you just figure out a way to live without someone.  Or don't figure it out.  Our family will never be the same.


No comments: