Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Mothers Day 2015

Mother's Day is so bittersweet for me.  It's a gigantic reminder that I'm without a mother but also a day where I'm extra thankful for my two beautiful kids.  I thought about my mom all day which made me sad and teary.   I was really struggling again with how unfair it is that she isn't here.  I still can't help but feel so incredibly devastated that she cant see my kids grow up.  I try my best to keep my mom alive in my kids eyes.  Trying to explain what she was like to Olivia, who never knew her, is so hard.  She will never fully understand what an amazing woman she was.  The best.
 
I woke up to a pancake and bacon breakfast made by B and the kids along with a much needed new Kate Spade iPhone case.  We spent all day outside practicing baseball outside and then we headed to the park to play, shoot some hoops and we went on a short nature walk. 
 
That night B and I went on a dinner date to Giuseppe's.  Perfect.
 






I love them soooo much!

1 comment:

poopsie said...

:( bittersweet i am sure...glad you had a nice day. you are such a great mom nic! your kids feel the same about you as you do your momma i am sure!