Monday, February 7, 2011

Olivia Sandra

At 0219 February 3, 2011, we welcomed Olivia Sandra Springer into the world!  She weighed in at 6lbs, 12 oz, and 21 1/2 inches long.  Her apgars were 9/9, despite the cord loosely around her neck! She is absolutely perfect, and so pretty!  I'm still in awe that we have a baby girl.  B and I were convinced it was a boy, and once she came out we both looked at each other and said "It's a GIRL!!!!" 
. I know my mom was watching down from heaven. I wish so bad she was here to hold this precious baby girl. I'm so happy we got to give Olivia my mom's name as her middle name.
Wednesday Feb. 2nd, I started having painful contractions at about 4:45pm that were about 15 min apart.  Around 7pm, they were about 10 min apart.  They quickly went from 10 min apart to 8 min around 10pm, then 7min, then 5 min really quickly.  We left for the hospital around 11pm.  When I got to the hospital, I was at 6 cm with pretty painful, long lasting contractions about 2-3 min apart.  I asked for an epidural as soon as I got there.  The nurse went through 3 veins before she got an IV in me, then we had to wait for my blood work to get to the lab, so finally around I'm guessing 1am I got the epidural.  It took forever to kick in, and the contractions were INTENSE!  Finally I was numb, and I was so ready to rest, but the doc checked me and I was at 10 cm and ready to push.  (Side note: I didn't get to have my doctor deliver because apparently right before I came in she had taken a dose of NyQuil and didn't want to be impaired, lol. But the doctor on call was wonderful as well.)  About 5-6 pushes and she was out!  It was the complete opposite of Peyton's delivery.  The epidural numbed all my contractions with him and I pushed for a grueling hour and a half with the epidural wearing off.  Luckily this labor was super quick! 
We are in love with our baby girl and thankful that she is healthy.  Peyton is adjusting pretty well.  He keeps his distance from her, but loves to help us with her.  He is always saying how "beautiful, pretty, and cute" she is. 

Just minutes old, and I'm in awe and in love with my baby girl.

Daddy cutting the cord.


Proud mama and daddy!

Daddy and his girl


Her coloring was perfect.

Gorgeous

Loving the pigs!  She has the longest fingers and toes!

Uncle Randy with Olivia





Love those lips!


Peyton meeting his baby sister for the first time.

Checking her out

Getting cleaned up, measured and weighed


6lbs, 12 oz.
Cousin Brandon and Olivia

Grandpa Prazeau meeting her for the first time.

Grandpa Springer and Olivia

Great Grandma Springer
Grammy Springer and Peyt checking her diaper



Austin meeting his cousin.

First bath, she was NOT a fan. :)


Daddy washing her up.

Warming up under the heat

Clockwise from the top left: Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Hugh, Aunt Sherri, and Cousin Marissa.

Clockwise from the top left: Cousin Steph, Cousin Cameron, Cousin Alexa, Aunt Amy, Cousin Austin

Some bonding time with Daddy and Olivia



Peyt taking some pictures on his camera of his baby sister

Giving some loves

Content baby
I did not get any sleep in the hospital.  Olivia seemed to have her nights/days switched and wanted to eat every 45 in or so. On Saturday the 5th we were discharged home and we came home to a very sick little boy.  Peyton got some sort of 24-hour stomach flu and had a very high fever of 104. So our first night home was rough to say the least.  He was miserable, poor guy.  B and I got about 45 min of broken up sleep that night.  He was much better and his fever broke the following day.  Last night was SOO much better.  She was up about every 3 hours to eat but went right back down to sleep.  I can't tell you how good it felt to sleep for more than an hour!  Today we took Olivia into Dr. Heffernan to check out her bilirubin situation.  Her jaundice level was a tad bit more than normal when we left the hospital.  Turns out everything is fine and she's gained 4.5 ounces since we left the hospital 2 days ago!  Nursing is going well thankfully, she latched within an hour of being born.  I'm pretty sure we have another thumb-sucker on our hands, she's already gotten it pretty good a few times.  We're looking forward to getting her on a routine and adjusting to this enormous change in our lives.  I'm so happy and thankful for our family of 4!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Awww..so happy for you and your beautiful little girl, Nicole. Thanks for sharing your birth story - and I love that you guys waited to find our her gender. Isn't it so much fun that way? Hope the best for you all acclimating during these next few weeks.

J, K, E & C Hadley said...

She is beautiful and Peyt is so cute with her in the pictures. Let us know when you are up for company, we would love to meet her.

nisly's said...

Great Job Springers! Good luck these next couple of weeks, I'll be thinking of you.

Living the Life.... said...

So glad everything went easy! You have a beautiful little lady, congratulations.