Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Blue Lake

From July 7....(I'm behind!)
It's taken a while to adjust to my work schedule.  This summer has been different.  I can no longer spend all day doing fun activities with the kids before I go to work.  I work 9-530 so the week is pretty much shot for fun stuff.  We have a busy summer calendar, so it's hard to find weekend days that are free. But since we had no plans this day, we decided to squeeze in a family afternoon at Blue Lake.  I don't venture the less-than-one-mile-trek nearly enough.  There's so much to do there.  We spent some time at the Splash Pad and then played at one of the many play structures.  
I packed a lunch and we sat down and ate by the splash pad

Peyton was off and playing...Olivia has little to no interest in water

She sat with us and watched.  



Unlike Peyton she is always by my side...I don't have to worry about her running off like I did Peyton.  He is all boy and she is all girl!


Peyt loves the water

He loves to wait for the buckets to drench him







Then we came home and Peyt and B washed the car while Olivia napped.  I love summer days off!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the pics of Olivia in the tube ... so cute!! Peyton is getting so big! Gosh, they grow fast!! Glad you guys are having a great summer!!