Sunday, December 9, 2012

Staycation


B and I were off this past week and it was so NICE!  The original plan was to have contractors in our house all week renovating our laundry room and replacing all our flooring in our house due to a water leak under our house (this fiasco deserves its own post), but we are in a waiting game with our insurance.  The adjusters are duking it out with the contractors and due to the hurricane on the east coast, we are low on the totum pole. I have to say, I cannot wait to have my house put back together....its a mess.
Peyt had school all week so B and I got lots of time during the day with Olivia.  She loved it!  And Peyton loved having both of us home.  It was so nice to have no hustle and bustle and feel kind of normal again.  Some things we enjoyed this week......
Working out and getting back into running, getting our tree, decorating our house for Christmas, crafts, Christmas shopping alone with B, coffee, hair cuts (and color for me), reading, a little volunteering at Peyt's school, staying up "late" (or falling asleep late on the couch), Duck Dynasty (best show ever!), Wine!, cooking, I had a nice dinner out with Kate downtown, Fred-finding, lots and lots of coloring, Christmas movie watching, driving around looking at Christmas lights after dinner, naps, and the best part was just having zero plans.  I'm so sad to go back to work!
Lots of felt ornament making, I'm totally addicted and I think I'm getting better at it?

Watching cartoons together before Peyt goes to school. Olivia likes to do whatever Peyton is doing.  She loves her big brother!

This girl colors/doodles sporadically ALL day long.  

Love her!
Watching the Polar Express with my babies.


A few nights we stopped at this house that's near us in Wood Village.  It's so cool! The lights are all timed with music on a radio station.  We have yet to hear the same song.  The kids (and I) could sit there all night and watch.  It's pretty amazing. 

No comments: