Sunday, June 15, 2014

2014 Farm Baseball Season

This baseball season came and went so fast.  B was an assistant coach at the start of the season but ended up taking over the head coaching position mid-season.  He really stepped up and was at times completely out of his comfort zone (being as shy as he is).  He does so well with kids and has SO much patience.  It was a lot of work but I think he really enjoyed it. 
This season we got pretty lucky with the weather.  There was only one game where it completely down poured.  They never rained the games out because of the new field they have at Reynolds which is mostly turf.  Baseball definitely is not Peyton's first love, but he had fun playing.  We are working on his hitting...we think he may be batting on the wrong side!  He started out hitting left in his first year of t-ball (he does absolutely everything left-handed) and for some reason his coach switched him thinking he was a right-handed batter.  It always looked awkward for him on the right side but he just adjusted to it.  Now he can hit on both sides, but he seems more natural on the left, but says it feels awkward.  We may invest in a private hitting coach so we can figure it out before next season.  Mid-season they started having the kids pitch the last 2 innings of the games.  Pitching is Peyton's niche.  He loved it so much and he's a really good left-handed pitcher.  It was so fun watching him get his first strike out! I was a softball pitcher for years so it's really fun watching him do something I enjoyed.



Here is a video of his first time pitching and a few pics of his 2nd to last game and his end of the year banquet.  I'm so mad because none of my pictures I took at the banquet were in focus, I'm not sure what was up with my camera.  So I only have a couple that were halfway in focus.  Grrr..







Drives me nuts that the pictures didn't turn out!

No comments: