Sunday, February 19, 2017

Peyton is TEN

My baby boy, my first-born, is officially in double digits! I can't wrap my head around 10.  Here's what's going on with Peyt...

School:
Peyton is at the age where he longs for the weekends.  He does like school, but would rather be off and be hanging out with friends or at home. Math is still his best subject, and his favorite.  He is very bright and doesn't have to try hard to be successful in school.  He tends to rush through his work to move on to whatever is next, which is my only concern.  He's an excellent reader, although reading is his least favorite. If he finds a book that interests him, he enjoys it.  He's a great writer, a really great speller and is pretty creative.  He is doing really well in 4th grade, his teacher has very positive things to say about him.  She wants him to read more of course and he is still a chatty one. I'm still baffled at where that came from.  We are proud of him academically!

4th Grade School Photo


Favorite activities:
Peyton loves hanging out with his bestie Shea, they are really into Pokemon cards, xbox gaming, mine craft and sports.  He loves basketball and baseball.  He just finished basketball, and dove straight into baseball, practicing at least 3 times a week.  He's super into cars, we've got to get him to a car show soon.  Camping-we hope to take more camping trips this summer!  He of course still loves being around family-we don't see family as much as we have in the past with just being super busy and a shift in our family dynamic.

Favorite Foods:
He likes meat, as usual! Turkey sandwiches, milk, pasta, sloppy joes, chili, tacos, enchiladas, pizza, apples, seaweed snacks, waffles, beef w/broccoli, chopped salad.  The kid is not very picky.  His appetite has kind of slowed down recently.  He gets full easy and we feel he needs to eat more!  He's a bean pole.

Personality:
Peyt continues his stubborn, but caring, sensitive but strong personality.  He hates being wrong and will argue til the end!  We are working together with him on his attitude and trying to help him with his patience with Liv.  He has moments of being anxious and will tend to think the worst of potential outcomes (so like me!).  It still stands true that boredom brings out the worst in him.  He loves to stay busy and/or entertained.  He thrives on being around a lot of people.  He cares deeply about those close to him and he always tends to be there for me when I need him the most.  It's like he knows when all I need is a big hug from him!  Love that boy to pieces.

10-year check up:
We don't go until May, so I will update weight and height here after then.

Things we love about Peyt:
~He needs to know how things work, and he won't stop asking questions until he fully understands.
~His love for music, he constantly has music playing and it's all genres ranging from Van Halen to Justin Beiber to Phil Collins to The Weeknd, etc.
~He gives the best hugs and he's the best cuddler.
~He cares so deeply for his family.  Just the thought of someone being hurt or lost will bring him to instant tears.
~He weeps every time we are driving home from a camping trip, because he loves it SO much!
~He has the best laugh when he's REALLY laughing hard.  I can't get enough of it.
~He always holds the front door open for me and insists on me walking in first into the house.
~He loves to converse with adults and pays attention to what adults have to say. He's kind of an old soul in that way.


Annual Questionnaire:
My favorite toy: Pokemon Cards
My favorite sport: Basketball
The best show on TV: Henry Danger
The coolest person on Earth: Justin Timberlake
My favorite thing to do in school: Math
If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd go: The Bahamas
My favorite colors: Hot Pink
When I grow up I'm going to be: A lawyer
My favorite song: I feel it coming by the Weeknd
The book I'm loving right now: Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life
Two words to describe me are: Funny and stubborn
My favorite season: Summer
The best thing about camping is: Swimming
My favorite food: Sloppy Joes
One food I really dislike: Olives
My best friend: Shea
If I had one wish it would be: To have a superpower of being invisible
My best memory: Going to Great Wolf Lodge

His actual birthday landed on the Sunday of a busy birthday party weekend.  He had a basketball game that day and we had a birthday dinner at B's parents house for him.

Happy Birthday Peyton Prazeau! We love you more than ever! xoxo



No comments: