Thursday, September 2, 2010

3.5

 

I can't believe my babyboy is already 3 1/2 years old!!!  Time is just flying by.  Today we met with his preschool teacher (Teacher Krystal) and he got to play with the kids that were there for the summer program.  He had so much fun!  He already met a new friend that will be in his class-Micah.  They bonded instantly and played outside for a good hour together.  He was kind of freaking out this morning when I told him we were going to his new school to meet his teacher.  But once he got there and saw all the kids having fun, he didn't want to leave!  He starts on Tuesday and will go 3 days a week for 3 hours in the morning.  This summer has flown by and I can't believe this time has already come.  I'm sad I won't get my full time with him in the mornings but this will be great for him and it's the start of his long school career.  Crazy.
Some things he's doing these days so I don't forget:
Sleep: He goes to bed at about 8:30pm and sleeps until 7 or so in the morning.  He takes an 1.5-2 hour nap around 2:30pm. 
Eating: My picky eater of a child is gone.  Peyton has turned into a great eater!  There really isn't much he won't eat.  He finally started liking eggs and eating most vegetables.  As crazy as it sounds, one of his favorite foods is salad! His top favs are: tomatoes, cucumbers, chicken, salmon, broccoli (seriously, he's from a different planet), berries or any fruit, PBJ, burritos, cottage cheese, orange juice, tuna fish, and the list goes on.  Oh and what kid doesn't like dessert?
Potty Training: He's still wearing a diaper at night but does pretty well during the day with the occasional accident.  He doesn't need my assistance to go with him anymore (aside from public restrooms).  He's able to get his pants on and off to go on his own.  I just need to give him the occasional reminder to flush the toilet or wash his hands. 
Temperament: We still have a very independent and stubborn boy on our hands.  He tends to try to do everything we do, which includes him telling US and others what to do.  Our biggest issue with him is him trying to boss the dogs around and he can be a little too rough with the little yappers. But he really is a very sweet, caring and thoughtful little boy.  B and I are both so thankful and lucky that he is our son.
Learning: He knows his ABC's, can count to 20, spell his name and recognizes most letters.  I've started trying to show him how to write his name.  He's got the P, E, O and T down well so far.  He knows all his colors and most shapes.  I'm excited for all he will start to learn once school starts! 
Play: The boy loves legos, playdoh, riding his bike, playing basketball with his cousins, digging in the dirt, vacuuming (don't know if he will ever grow out of this obsession), looking at books, drawing, coloring, pretend play.
Things I love that he's doing these days:
  • Singing along to songs in the car.  I LOVE this.  He has the sweetest little voice.  His two absolute favorite songs right now are Rhianna "Umbrella" and Jason Mraz/Colbie Caillat "Lucky."
  • These phrases that he says often: "I love my Mommy (or Daddy)." "You had to work late Mom? I missed you." "You're so pretty Mommy." "Sorry Charlie!" On my days off he'll ask about 10 times throughout the day "You don't have to work today Mommy??" "Mmmm, that tastes GREAT!" "I love that song." "Mommy, will you cuddle with me?"
  • The big hugs and kisses he gives everyone in our families when we leave to say goodbye.  He's a cuddle bug.
  • He's started to stand up off his seat on his bike and ride super fast!
  • He loves to try and be like us. He takes his lawn mower out in the back yard and mows the whole thing-just like Daddy. He likes to help feed the dogs, help do the laundry, help make his lunch, etc.
I feel like there's a ton more I'm missing but I'm really glad I have this blog to keep track of all this stuff!!
We love our BABY and are so proud of the BOY he has become!  Love you Peyton!

No comments: