Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of Preschool!

Peyton was nervous this morning about his first day and was a bit anxious...

"Buddy, you're going to have so much fun! Your new friend Micah will be there."  "Okay Mommy."

When I got off work late last night I went into his room to check on him and just sat and looked at him for a while.  I just couldn't believe how big he's getting and it made me all teary.  I was nervous and anxious for him!

OH boy, he didn't want me to leave when I dropped him off.  And the tears were a-flowin.  He finally agreed to go sit in the circle with the kids as long as I stayed in the room.  I stayed in the class for a while.  Once Peyton had no more tears and was engaged with the rest of the class, I snuck out of there.  He did great after that! His teacher said he was sad when he realized I left, but did really well.  His favorite part of his day was story time. He couldn't wait to call Daddy and tell him about school.  We'll see how Thursday goes! 

1 comment:

nisly's said...

very sweet Nicole - I'm working in an elementary school for a couple of weeks and I almost cried today just seeing the k's being dropped off thinking about the girls being there. And we've still got three years! You look great too...oh and my dad is a Ram now - he retired then took a job at Central Catholic