Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Field Trip

Today Peyton's preschool class went to Cereghino's Farms for a field trip.  They learned all about pumpkins, then got to explore the patch and pick out a pumpkin.

Waiting for the rest of his class




Climbing the haystack



Searching for his special pumpkin.


This is it!


Preschool update...

Peyton has had a really hard time so far with school.  Dropping him off is a huge ordeal.  Tears, clinging to me, panic crying...once I'm able to leave though, he does fine, and has a lot of fun.  He started to finally not cry a few weeks ago when I dropped him off.  He attached himself and became comfortable with Teacher Krystal..apparently really attached.  She is tall and has dark hair like me, so the teachers think that's why he's so comfortable with her.  Well a couple weeks ago, we found out Teacher Krystal is moving back to California.  When she told him, he was really sad, and the tears are flowing even more when I drop him off.  Today was her last day.  When we left the pumpkin patch he gave her a big hug and then said to me "I loved her."  Sad.  So we're pretty much starting over and I'm hoping and praying that he will adjust and not have such a hard time.  He still has his Teacher Shanise and now a new teacher-Teacher Amanda.  I'm hoping for some progress soon!

1 comment:

amy s said...

where the class pic nic?! i tease...because i sympathize. :( hang in there!