Monday, September 5, 2011

7 Months

Another month has flown by and Olivia is 7 months! She is getting really close to crawling, I'm thinking it may happen in the next month or so.  She is getting so big!  She has grown out of all her 9-month clothes and fits perfectly in 12 month clothes.  She is just so long.  She is still teething.  She now has 4 teeth on top, with two more cutting through now, and 2 on the bottom.  She has been a lot happier lately, but still has fussy moments that I'm sure are from teething pain.  Eating-wise she has tried a lot more different foods, and has done a tad better with fruit.  New foods we've tried this month include, peaches, pears, yogurt, blueberries. I've decided for meat, to buy organic jarred baby food instead of making my own.  Summer vegetable dinner, chicken mango risotto, chicken tomato pastina we've tried so far and she loves all of those.  The ones that seem the least appetizing are the ones she loves the most, crazy girl. She's also finally warmed up to eating puffs...and practicing feeding herself. She's always a little wary and gives me the side-eye as I give her food...like she's wondering what the heck I'm trying to give her now.  :)  She's sleeping ok..she tends to wake up during the night on hot nights, but otherwise sleeps through.  A couple months ago in the midst of bad teething, she stopped sucking her thumb.  I've given her a binky to just chew on as a teething toy, and she sometimes will actually suck on it.  It's calmed her down and soothed her to sleep a few times, but she's still not dependent on it nor a huge fan of it.
She's definitely having separation anxiety and stranger anxiety.  As I sit on the floor with her and play or as I'm folding clothes while she plays, she will constantly reach out for me and make sure I'm still there or tug on my clothes, and climb up to me wanting me to hold her or to sit on my lap. If she is around people she doesn't know or hasn't seen in a while, she will get upset and just want B or I.  I don't remember Peyton having this so early..if at all.

Loves:
Being held.  She would be perfectly content being held ALL day.
Sitting like a big girl in the shopping cart and babbling to all the people in the store.
Her teething mesh feeder.
Peyton.
Men!  She will cry for a woman stranger, but will flirt and smile for all the men.  Yikes..
Sitting on Daddy's shoulders.
Spiders.  She loves to play with all of Peyton's plastic toy spiders. 

Hates:
Being held cradle-style.
Water on her face.
The vacuum and hair dryer..scares her to death.

Practicing her sippy cup skills with some water


Her spider friend


At first we weren't sure what she was doing, but it turns out she is waving to us!

 Here's a video...




First shopping cart experience at Costco.  I wish Peyton still fit in a cart so they could both sit in there!

Love you baby girl!! Happy 7 months!
 

1 comment:

poopsie said...

oh nic, she is getting too big too quick. she is adorable, but you know that :)