Thursday, September 29, 2011

Adjusting.

I haven't been blogging much in the last few weeks since school started.  Partly because we are adjusting to a new schedule, and partly because I am beyond exhausted.  I have to say it is a challenge for me to work so late and then be up so early and rush to get both kids fed, Peyton dressed and ready for school.  Olivia has not been sleeping well lately (more on that in her 8 month post coming up soon) so I am a complete zombie most days.  Here's an example of a Wednesday morning...
After getting off work at midnight....
6:30ish: Olivia wakes up...I pretend I'm still dreaming and that she's really not awake yet. 
6:45: Peyton walks into my room, "Mom, my sister is awake."
6:50: I force myself up and get Olivia, change her and make her a bottle.
7:00: Peyton goes potty and then goes to make himself breakfast...oatmeal, toast or cereal while I feed her her bottle.
7:15: I lay out Peyton's clothes on his bed and head to the kitchen so Olivia and I can eat breakfast...rice cereal w/fruit, and some Cheerios for her.  Me: oatmeal with peanut butter most days, yum!
7:30: While Peyton brushes his teeth, wipes his face, and gets dressed, I give Pancho his medicine, wash Olivia's bottles and clean up the kitchen.
7:45: Check on Peyton to see how he's doing and help him if needed. Then get Olivia dressed.
7:50: Brush my teeth, throw on some clothes and make sure I don't look like a crazy person.
7:55: Pour myself some coffee. Can't survive or drive without it.
8:00: Out the door. 
8:45: Home from dropping Peyton off.  Spend some time playing with Olivia, although she's usually winding down by this time and ready for a nap.
9:15(ish): Put Olivia down for her nap.
9:30-10:55 Get a quick workout in, shower, and straighten up the house a bit.
10:55: Wake Olivia up (lately she's been up earlier due to her lack of napping.)
11:00: Leave to get Peyton.

I can't stress enough, how thankful I am that Peyton can fend for himself.  He does have some days where he dilly-daddles and wants me to help him with everything, but most of the time he does great. 
Here's some pics from the last few weeks...

He still loves to help with his sister.

She just really hasn't been a happy camper lately...due to lack of sleeping and she has a cold she's been battling.


I seriously just love him!

She will last in the walker for about 10-15 min before she's had enough. 

Eating some carrots with his lunch.

Today we spent some time at the park.  It's the last dry day for a while, but man was it windy!!

My loves. (How is she so big already?!)

Windy attempt at getting a pic of us

1 comment:

poopsie said...

hang tough nic, this has to be a difficult adjustment period for you. hopefully olivia will get better soon and back to sleeping. good for peyton, he is getting so big & seriously impressed for all he can do (makes his own breakfast?! WOW!). you are AMAZING, dont forget that...and maybe a date night(or just a sleep day) is in order for you guys. i am here, willing & able to watch those 2 little loves of yours ANYTIME! it would be really really fun!