Wednesday, October 5, 2011

8 Months

Our baby girl is 8-months-old! I feel like I just wrote her 7-month post. She's doing a few new things in the last month. She waves, claps, crawls backwards, goes from crawling position to sitting and vice versa, she dances and apparently has insomnia. ;) We've had a rough month with sleeping. She is hit and miss with sleeping through the night. It will be 3am and she's sitting up in her crib talking, spitting (razzing?), whining, or full-on crying. I'm not sure if it's because the crawling milestone is here and she's practicing in the middle of the night, but wow, we are tired! Naps haven't been great. We had a week where the most she would nap would be about 45 min. She's been better this past week but night sleep hasn't been fun. Over the past couple of months she's turned into a really light sleeper. It's very hard to keep the house quiet during nap time with a rambunctious 4-year-old, 2 barking dogs, living on a flight path, and the train going right past our house. I'd think that she'd be used to it now, but guess not. I'm sure she will get past this stage and every time I'm up cuddling or rocking her, I think to myself "I'm going to miss this one day."
She has turned into a much better eater. She will eat fruits now no problem and really won't refuse anything at the moment. New foods the past month we've introduced are: cheese, cottage cheese, bread, and spinach. I'm going to try avocado again this week, we'll see how that goes.
Olivia has been super duper clingy. She has been battling a cold for the last week and a half and does not want to be put down AT ALL. And she is in a mommy-only phase...so when we're both home, she only wants me. She will be full on, big-tears crying and once I pick her up she's all smiles with tears still in her eyes.
I love this age though...in the next week I'm sure she'll be crawling all over the house and getting into everything. I've got to re-baby proof a little. :) She's starting to babble...we've heard her say 'ma' and what sounds like 'hey.' We've had a break with teething, but I think I see two more teeth coming in on top.
Shes wearing 12-18 month clothes and size 4 diapers.

Loves:
The dogs...she instantly smiles and babbles to them when they come up to her.
Being in Peyton's room. She would rather be in there than anywhere else.
Being held.
Eating puffs.

Hates:
Her nose wiped.
Her teeth brushed.
Being put down on the floor, especially when she's tired.
Sleeping (kidding..)

We love our Livia girl, excited for all the new milestones coming up, and cannot believe she will be one in 4 months! Nutzo!

She loves this, and prefers it over the stroller for walks.

I try to distract her with toys or whatever while I cook dinner.


She goes from crawling position back to sitting, then to crawling backwards..she'll get it eventually!


She loves to be in her highchair at the table eating with us.

Razzing always...

Ok her hair is always out of control like this no matter what I do to it. I hope it will lay down a bit better as it gets longer.
Practicing her standing skills. Kate let me borrow a bunch of baby toys of Ethan's which she loves. Thanks Kate!

She's always like riding in the car, which I'm so thankful for as we're always on the go, taking Peyton to school.

No comments: