Monday, October 3, 2011

Hall of Fame

Saturday night my 2000-2001 GFU Women's Basketball Team was inducted into the Hall of Fame.  What an honor!! We had an incredible team and AMAZING coaches.  It was so great to relive this season and to reunite with all of my teammates.  We had a really nice induction ceremony and banquet.  Katie (Greller) Lacey, our team captain and center was individually inducted as well as Scott Rueck our coach.  He had an amazing 14 years at GFU and has since moved on to Oregon State, where he is the head Women's basketball coach there.  I can't even begin to explain what a genious he is as a coach.  He made my 4-year college career more than just basketball.  I learned so many life lessons through this game.  It was such a fun time in my life.  He, his wife Kerry, and Worm (Mike) are like family to me and I was so lucky to have them as awesome coaches and now life-long friends.

2000-2001 GFU Bruins




Katie (due with twin girls in November!) accepting her individual induction into the Hall of Fame

Scott going up to accept his award.

It was so great to listen to Scott's acceptance speech.  Brought me back to all those team huddles and team meetings.  He's one of a kind!

Accepting my award.


Jill

Becky

Listening to Tab give the acceptance speech on behalf of the team.

My cookies!


5 comments:

J, K, E & C Hadley said...

Congrats again, what an honor...And you look spectacular! Peyton looks like you in your profile pic of you throwing the ball.

Shannon said...

So cool, congratulations!

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Wow, that's so great!! Congratulations Nicole!! Looks like my friend Heather Doud was on your team too! She and I went to school together 5th grade through 12th grade and played basketball together in high school, although I would say I stunk at bball in comparison to her. :) Congrats!!
p.s. I love your dress and heels!

poopsie said...

thats awesome! congrats & seriously....you are such a pretty lady! that dress looks amazing on you!

Living the Life.... said...

So fantastic! Congratulations! By the way, you look fantastic!