Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Peyton update

Some tidbits on what Peyt's been up to:
~He's loving his new school.  We've had a couple days where he's been teary and not wanted me to leave, but other than that he's very excited to go to school.  He's learning lots of new things, and has been practicing his lower case letters of his name. 
~A month or so ago he mastered tying his shoes. 
~For the past 6 months or so all he's been wanting to do is eat!  He must have been going through a growth spurt.  He's now back to normal and not asking for a snack every hour of the day.  He continues to be a great eater and loves a variety of food.  I made a chicken taco chili last night that I wasn't sure he would eat because it had a bit of spice in it, but he said he liked it.  He knows that he has to eat what is made for dinner and nothing special will be made just for him.  He either eats or has to wait until breakfast the next day.  His favorites right now are apples, peanut butter/oatmeal, PBJ's, pasta, enchiladas, tacos to name a few.
~Peyton is still a very independent and stubborn boy.  We battle often with him, but most of the time he comes around easily.  I've started doing a sticker chart with him rewarding him for good behavior (being respectful, helpful, and listening well).  When he fills up a horizontal line of the chart with stickers (about 15), he can pick a movie or small toy out. 

We love our big 4-year-old! He brings so much light into our lives.


His 2011-12 preschool picture.

I did a little interview with Peyton that I'll keep doing every year and see how his answers change...

My favorite food is: Pasta
My favorite toy: Legos
My favorite sport to play is: Basketball
The best show on TV is: Sesame Street
The coolest person on Earth is: A space man
My favorite thing to do in school is: Playdoh
If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd go to: Disneyland.
My favorite colors are: Purple and Green.
When I grow up, I'm going to become a: Doctor, like Doctor Bob.
My current favorite song is: Rumor Has It by Adele
The book I'm loving right now is: Clifford Books
Two words that describe me are: Tall and Nice.
When I was little, I used to: Play with a rattle.
My favorite season of the year is: Spring.
The best thing about camping is: Spraying bats to scare them away.
My favorite snack is: Grapes.
One food I really dislike is: Soup.
My best friend is: Ethan.
If I had one wish it would be: That my runny nose goes away.
My best memory is: Camping with Grandma.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love that his favorite song is by Adele, so is Sophia's! She cried when we told her she didn't get to go to the Adele concert with us.

J, K, E & C Hadley said...

Love it, so sweet that Ethan is his best friend. I am going to steal your idea to see what E's answers will be.