Saturday, August 25, 2012

Onick Wedding

I was honored to be a part of my GREAT friend Melissa this weekend.  We met my freshman year in high school...she was a year older and we were instant friends.  We went to college and even at different schools we got even closer.  We were attached at the hip, especially the summer after my freshman year in college.  We went every where together and had so much fun.  We laugh so hard when we are together, it's ridiculous.  She is one of the strongest, most independent women I have ever met.  She has met a man who compliments her so well to create a perfect balance.  I think they bring out the best in one another and they have brought together their kids to make a happy, and ever-so-loving family.
I had such a fun time all day yesterday...primping and watching Melissa transform into a STUNNING bride. Just when I think I can never see her more beautiful....she shocks me once again.  Such a breath taking bride! The wedding was at Columbia Edgewater which was so gorgeous.  Great food and a party of a reception to follow!!
Congrats to Vernon and Melissa...I love you guys!
We met at Melissa's Salon and her and her fellow hair dressers beautified us.  

Melissa's hair was gorgeous

She designed her own dress....I literally got goose bumps when I saw it.  So pretty

Isn't she so beautiful!?

A shot of the bridesmaid/bride's shoes.

Karrie, her maid of honor helping her in her dress.


Mama helping her out

Almost time for her and Vernon's 'first look'

Final touches


Melissa's beautiful daughter Makari

Kari and I 

Melissa's mom Bernie looking so sassy and classy

Little Cameron, the flower girl.  She is so adorable

Little Zakai giving mommy a bite before she walks down

LOVE!

Some iPhone pics...
Christina and I 
Cutting the cake!
Sharlene and I...we also went to high school together
The amazing bride...she should be a model!
Bad lighting...but had to get a pic with my dapper husband!

No comments: