Wednesday, February 20, 2013

SIXER

My baby boy is 6.  It is so true that time flies after you have kids. 

Peyton has grown physically and intellectually a lot this past year.  He doesn't have a well-check until next year so I measured him and weighed him at home so we can have some 6-year stats.
Height: 49 inches (up 3 inches from last year)
Weight: 47 lbs (up 3.5 lbs from last year)

I can't even begin to explain how much Peyton has learned so far in Kindergarten.  He's started to read and write sentences.  He continues to thrive in school.  We had a mid-year conference with his teacher Mrs. Brocka and she said he is a very eager and bright kid.  His only downfall is him rushing.  Rushing to finish his work FIRST.  Everything is a competition to him, and he feels if he finishes coloring his picture before all the kids, he wins.  We explained to him about quality vs quantity and I think he gets it. Mrs. Brocka has noticed improvement on this just in the past few weeks.  She encourages us to challenge him, especially at home.
When he slows down, takes his time, he colors almost better than I do. 

Peyton is a very independent and stubborn boy.  There are pros and cons to this.  Cons...we battle with him a lot...he only wants to do things if he's in control and if it's his idea.  Pros...he's very self-sufficient.  B and I joke that he could totally survive on his own if he really needed to.  We are working with him to be a little more easy going.  He's always worried about other people doing the right thing, and will call people (other kids, especially his sister) out on things if he feels they aren't doing the 'right' thing.  We constantly are telling him to worry about himself.  On the other hand, Peyt is a very loving, affectionate and sweet boy.  He is a great big brother-so protective and loving towards Olivia...they are growing into the best of friends.  He loves his family and is always excited to get together for family nights, especially with his cousin Austin.

He has amazing fine motor skills.  He puts together Lego sets out of his age-range all on his own, button, snaps, ties with ease.  He's very good with his hands.

Things Peyt loves: Legos, playing with his DS, riding his bike/green machine, shooting hoops, playing catch outside, crafts, drawing/coloring.

Peyton is still a good eater.  He goes through phases where he doesn't want to eat very much, but he likes a variety of food.  I've been so lucky to have two awesome eaters.  He has SO much energy and by the time 8pm rolls around he's ready for bed and is asleep literally within a couple minutes. 

He's lost two teeth and has another hanging by a thread.

Here's his yearly questionnaire...

My favorite toy: Nintendo DS
My favorite sport: Baseball
The best show on TV: Ninjago
The coolest person on Earth: a ninja
My favorite thing to do in school: doing crafts
If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd go: Slappy Cakes
My favorite colors: Green, blue and orange
When I grow up, I'm going to be: a police officer
My favorite song: Bob Marley
The book I'm loving right now: Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?
Two words to describe me are: Tall and good
My favorite season: Summer
The best thing about camping is: Roasting marshmallows
My favorite food: Salad
One food I really dislike: Green beans
My best friend: Ethan
If I had one wish, it would be: For Grandma to be back :(
My best memory: Swimming at Wickiup last summer

Last night for his actual birthday we met up at Yaw's Top Notch after I got off work for dinner.  It was really good. 




Liv loved her hat

Peyt and Ethan showing off their missing teeth.




Can't believe my baby boy is now.....
THIS!

Happy Birthday Peytster....we love you SO much!!!

No comments: