Sunday, September 1, 2013

2.5 Year update

I'm about a month late, but I thought I'd type up an Olivia update now that she is two and a half.  She seems so much older than 2 to me!
Some tidbits about our pretty girl....

~She is completely potty trained.  She has the occasional accident, but rarely, and usually it's if we are out and about and can't get to a bathroom quickly. We still have yet to convert her crib into a toddler bed, so we wake up to her yelling "Mommy, I need to go POTTY!!!"  I am vowing to do that this week. :)

~She still drags her bun-bun around with her everywhere.  It's totally ragged and I have to wash it weekly, but she loves it.  She rubs the bunny's ears under her nose while she sucks her thumb.  Yep, still a thumb sucker and she has no intent of stopping.  Hopefully when she starts preschool next fall she will give it up.

~Olivia loves puzzles and legos.  Those are probably her two favorite toys.  She also like to draw and color.

~She is still a pretty good eater.  Her favorites are oatmeal (with peanut butter, flax seed, and coconut oil...she wont eat it without those in it), veggies-salad, cucumbers and peppers are her faves, any fruit aside from blueberries, yogurt, chicken, raisins, and peanut butter and jelly.

~Behavior-wise, she has her typical 2-year-old moments, but for the most part she is pretty easy going.  Her and Peyton battle a lot more, especially with him home for the summer.  She is independent and wants to do things herself, like getting dressed, brushing her teeth, buckling her car seat or going potty.

~Outside activities she loves are riding her bike, going to the park-she's a great climber, blowing bubbles, or doing whatever Peyton is doing.  She likes basketball, soccer, and playing catch with her mit and baseball.  I can tell she's going to love sports. She keeps telling us she wants to be on a soccer team.

~She sleeps really good.  She takes one 2.5-3 hour nap a day and sleeps from 8pm to 645am (during the week I have to wake her up); on the weekends she sleeps until 8, unless Peyton wakes her up first.

~Olivia is much more shy around people she doesn't know compared to Peyton.  It takes her a while to warm up to people and she will cling to me if someone new tries to talk to her. 

~She is such a snuggler.  She is always near me and wanting on my lap to cuddle.  I love that, and I'll be so sad when she decides she's too old for that!

~I measured her and she is 39 inches and weighs 32.5 pounds (Up 1 inch and 2 pounds in 6 months).

There's a lot more that I could say about our girl, but that's the jist of it.  We love our sweet, smart, silly, beautiful girl!!!

No comments: