Wednesday, March 18, 2015

8

Another year has quickly flown by and our boy is EIGHT!  He has really grown and matured in the last year.  Here's what's going on with Peyton....

School: Peyton is doing exceptionally well in school this year.  We just got his report card last week and he is excelling all around in school.  He has worked hard to not be so chatty during class and we are so proud of his hard work.  His reading has vastly improved.  They did a STAR Early Literacy test in the first month of school where he scored a 658 out of 900; and just a couple months later they retested him and his score jumped up to 847 out of 900.  He has his nightly routine of reading before bed and has read several chapter books.  He's really loving Beverly Cleary and Magic Treehouse books lately.


His favorite subjects are science and math.  He is obsessed with volcanos right now.  He watches documentaries on YouTube about Mt. St. Helens and other NW mountains and their volcanic activity and LOVES to talk to anyone about it who is willing to listen.  He has done several volvano kits at home.  I love that he is so interested in science.
His Spring school free dress photo


Activities: Peyton's love for basketball has blossomed so much in the last year!  He played 2 seasons this year (CYO and then YMCA). He improved his ball handling, defense and shooting so much.  He's exciting to watch and I love that he is enjoying it like I do.  He is also gearing up for another baseball season which he is excited about.  This will be his last year in Farm and then he will have to tryout for Minors next year. 
Peyt loves to build--Legos or art projects. He loves being outside, riding his bike, playing tag at school, shooting hoops, playing with his sister...one of his favorite things to do is ride his bike with B or I while we go on a run.  
He is still OBSESSED with camping and can't wait to go on our annual trip to Wickiup this summer. 
Music is a huge love for Peyton.  He recently got a wind-up radio from Uncle Hugh/Aunt Sherri and is constantly either listening to that or his iPod.  


Appetite:
This boy can eat!  He is still an awesome eater and loves to try new things.  My grocery bill definitely has gone up over the past year. He loves a variety of food and eats pretty healthy.

He didn't lose many teeth this past year...I think maybe only 1 or 2.  We went to the dentist a couple weeks ago and he had no cavities, but the dentist is pretty positive he will need braces.  After his next appointment they will probably sent him to an orthodontist for an eval and timeline.

I took both kids to the doctor for their well checks on Friday and he is a very healthy boy.  
Weight: 61 lbs (67th percentile)
Height: 4' 5"  (84th percentile)

Annual Questionairre:

My favorite toy: Legos
My favorite sport: Basketball
The best show on TV: Looney Tunes
The coolest person on Earth: Jesus
My favorite thing to do in school: Recess
If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd go: The best hotel in the world with a hot tub 
My favorite colors: Green and yellow
When I grow up I'm going to be: A doctor
My favorite song: Happy by Pharrell
The book I'm loving right now: His "Totally Irresponsible Science" book
Two words to describe me are:Serious and funny
My favorite season: Summer
The best thing about camping is: Tubing 
My favorite food: Chicken cordon bleu
One food I really dislike: Avocado
My best friend: Ethan 
If I had one wish, it would be: For there to be no bad guys so I could go on a bike ride or a walk by myself.  (Sad!)
My best memory: Eating popcorn with Grandma 




1 comment:

J, K, E & C Hadley said...

"If I could go anywhere in the world" comment cracks me up. So fun to watch them all learn and grow.