Saturday, March 14, 2009

GFU March Madness




The GFU Women Bruins just defeated Hope in the Elite 8 58-46. They are undefeated, and still going strong. I watched the game live online and it was a great game! I'm so proud and excited for them. They now advance to the Final Four (!!!) which takes place Friday the 20th in Holland, MI. This team has had such an amazing and historic season. They were not expected to do this well this season given that they are such a young team. GFU's coach Scott Rueck who was also my coach is pretty incredible. I feel so lucky to have had such an awesome leader during my four years playing there. It's funny how even though I never played with any of these players, they still feel like family. GFU has such a close knit community, especially within the Lady Bruin family. I'll definitely be watching online on Friday. Go Bruins! 30-0!!