Friday, March 6, 2009

Just don't get it

I was pulling out of my neighborhood this morning to go to work and I saw the Maid Brigade lady also pulling out. This had me thinking the entire drive into work...wondering who is hiring these people to clean their houses? Especially with this economy. Even if I had dispensable money to toss toward the Brigade, I don't think I could do it. I would end up cleaning my house before they showed up to clean my house anyway, just to save having these women (and men maybe?) of being disgusted by a dirty house, and to save me from embarrassment. I am busy/exhausted- I work full-time swing shift, have a toddler to chase after, etc etc; however, I still find the time to keep my house clean for the most part (organizing is a different story). I understand if people are physically unable to clean their house. I just can't see how people can hire someone else to clean up their filth, when they have the time/means to do it themselves. Yes, I HATE cleaning my bathrooms, hate it, but keep up with it religiously because bathrooms are just plain disgusting if unkept. But I would hate it even more if I maid (corny I know) someone else do it. This company obviously has enough clients to stay in business...who are these people?! Am I missing something here, or just too frugal to understand?

1 comment:

poopsie said...

sorry nic, i have to say if i could afford it i would hire all my cleaning out. not so much cause i hate it, just cause i find that there are so many other things i would rather do with my time. i had a cleaner after hunter was born come in a few times and let me tell you...i could have cared less that she has to do my cleaning. i loved it...maybe in another life i will get that... hee hee.