Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Second guessing...


Parenting. It's HARD. I find myself constantly evaluating myself. OMG people must think I am a horrible parent after just witnessing that meltdown he just performed. Am I exposing him to everything he needs in order to keep challenged and learning? Other kids his age are fully potty trained-what am I doing wrong? Are other toddlers as head-strong and stubborn as mine? I feel like I should be socializing him better. Being shy, I feel like I've failed to find more playmates for him. I am constantly observing other parents/kids and trying to measure up.

But, I was thinking today-I just need to do the best I can and be content and satisfied with that. What more can I do than try my best? I admit, I have my moments-I'm impatient sometimes. I let him watch movies more than I normally do/should at times just to have a minute to clean up. I bribe him with popsicles just so he will eat a bite or two of his veggies. There are a lot of ways that I am SO imperfect. But I have Peyton's best interests at heart. I want the absolute best for him. So in the forefront of my mind from now on is to just do my best. :)

4 comments:

amy seifert said...

oh nic....you are an AWESOME, amazing, wonderful, caring, sweet mommy. we all do the best we can do...no one is perfect and either are our kids. you are doing great. and lets get together for the boys to play soon....

Unknown said...

Awww .. you rock it as a momma - just look at how happy your little man is!! You gotta be doing things right!! :o)

Stephanie said...

You're such an amazing, interactive and attentive parent! Peyton is lucky to have you as his mama... Dont ever question what you're doing and if its right or wrong, everyone's life and journey are different. Love ya!

J, K, E & C Hadley said...

You are a GREAT mommy and a wonderful person. Peyton is and will grow up to be a great person and is lucky to have both you and B as parents.