Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Perfect, crisp Fall morning.

I woke up this morning and it was beautiful. Sunny and dry. As I made my coffee, I checked the weather for the rest of the week on my Crackberry and it looks like the rain will be back with a vengeance tomorrow, so I decided to quickly get ready and head to the zoo with Peyt. It turned out to be a good idea to get out of the house because B had called in sick--fever, chills, etc. UGH, I hope it's not you-know-what. Working directly with patients at OHSU, he's already gotten the seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 shot, so I'm hoping he's ok and it's just some other bug.
We got to the zoo early and there was barely anyone there. It was awesome. It was so quiet and peaceful. We took our time and saw everything. It was nice to spend some one-on-one time with my boy.


Checking out some fish.

The sea lion was swimming up close. Peyt kept his distance. "He scares me Mama."

Lots of Fall leaves on the ground.


I love the new predators exhibit, the lions and cheetah are gorgeous.



He kept sitting on the rocks and statues and saying to me "Take a picture Mama."




The giraffe was eating inside, it was so close and HUGE.


I finally got a clear shot of the cougar.
Now bring on the rain.

2 comments:

J, K, E & C Hadley said...

great pictures...love the new lion exhibit

amy s said...

how fun, those one on one times are so awesome!