Thursday, March 17, 2011

Adjusting to two

B went back to work last Thursday and I'm not going to lie, two has been a challenge for me.  I'm trying really hard to keep her on a schedule and when that fails I feel like I'm losing my mind.  I'm a perfectionist in most ways and strive for routine.  Peyton himself can be a challenge and he tests me every day.  He knows if I'm busy with the baby that he can push my buttons and get away with things he wouldn't normally.  The lack of sleep makes it hard too. I can't wait for her to start sleeping longer!
Also, I've had some delayed grief with my mom passing away.  I think being pregnant distracted me some and after we were settled in at home with Olivia, it hit me pretty hard that she really is gone.  When I'm frustrated with my day, the first person I think of is her and I just lose it.  I no longer have her to call or up and leave the house to visit anymore.  I really miss her.
Olivia is 6 weeks old today, which is hard to believe!  I'm hoping things get easier soon and I'm sure they will. I am completely in love with both my kids and I'm so thankful for them. 

Any advice from my blog readers with 2+ kids is welcomed with open ears! Ha..

He loves her



Giving butterfly kisses



Add caption


He loves to help feed her

Finally got a good smile!

3 comments:

J, K, E & C Hadley said...

She is so stinkin cute! Hopefully things will get easier soon than later. If you do want some help please give me a call, I am more than willing to help out in any way. And Mama P will always be watching down on you! *HUGS*

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Your kids are just beautiful! I'm sorry the overwhelming grief of losing your mama is hitting you again. :( I can only imagine how hard that must be. Hugs to you.

As far as two kids go, it will definitely get easier! In fact, you'll eventually find yourself in such a fun groove, with your two kiddos becoming great friends, and running errands with you, and becoming "big people". I think anytime you add another baby, it's tricky at first. The sleep deprivation, and high expectations for ourselves, and postpartum emotions... they make you wonder if your life will EVER be normal again? (I've been wondering this all week long...) :) And it will!

Congrats again on your little beauty!

nisly's said...

I appreciate your honesty Nicole. Sometimes when I read blogs I think "is their life/kids/husband seriously THAT perfect?" and wonder what I'm doing wrong. So just know you're not the only one, it's hard a lot of the time. Aren't you glad they are so cute. Luckily by now I realize most things come in phases so I try to remind myself that whatever annoying phase we're in will soon be replaced by another (scared of the dark, door slamming, snotty comebacks when I tell them to do something..."