Sunday, March 13, 2011

Olivia update

Olivia is about 5 1/2 weeks now.  In the last couple of days we've noticed a little change.  She's more fussy and quick to wake up...I had a feeling her mellow-ness wouldn't last long, it seemed a little too good to be true anyway.  :)  Not to say that she is a difficult baby.  She's been a little sniffly, I think she might have caught the cold that Peyton and I have right now.  Hopefully that has something to do with her fussiness.  Here's what our baby girl is up to lately:

*Sleep: She's up once or twice during the night, going anywhere from 3-6 hours in between feedings.  She takes 2-3 naps during the day.  We try to have all her naps in her crib so she gets accustomed to napping in her room.  Although, if we're out and about she'll sleep in her car seat, and sometimes I just love to hold her at home for a bit while she sleeps.  There's something so calming about holding a warm, sleeping baby on my chest! 

*Eating:  She is eating 3-4 oz at a time about every 3-4 hours during the day.  She takes forever to eat.  After about an ounce, she's out like a light and it's hard to keep her awake to finish. (Kinda frustrating in the middle of the night!) It seems like Peyton used to suck down his bottle in no time and was eating more than 4 oz at a time at this age, but honestly I can't remember.  (I wish I would have blogged when he was a newborn so I could compare! :( )  She looks like she's gaining weight and is grown out of her newborn clothes so I'm not too worried about it.  I am ready for her to start eating more so she sleeeeeps longer!! :)

*I think she's on a pretty good schedule.  She pretty consistently follows an eat, awake-time, sleep routine.  She's getting stronger and has pretty good neck control.  At right about 5 weeks she started smiling! When she's got a full belly is when she smiles the most.  I still haven't caught a good smile on camera...working on that! 


Got the tail-end of that smile!


Tummy time

I have a feeling once she masters her thumb, the binky will be out the window.  She's not a big fan of it anyway.  Dang, I thought I'd escape another thumb sucker!

No comments: