Tuesday, May 31, 2011

6 months into 2011...ALREADY?!?

My girl Amy posted a 6-month-check in on her 2011 goals which I thought was such a great idea.  Also it's a great way to not forget what those goals are.. :)
So, reflecting on my resolutions/goals that I posted at the end of last year, here's how I stand...



~Lose all my baby weight after baby's born, and gain back muscle, get back into good shape.  Part way accomplished. I've lost all the weight, but the muscle is still is gone and there's some major toning that needs to happen.  A work still in progress,
~Run more races, starting with a 5k and working my way up to a half marathon.  Goal not met..I started training while I was still on leave, but once I was back at work I haven't found enough time to keep a consistent training schedule. 

~Although this may be out of my control- try to figure out work schedules between B and I where we aren't working complete opposite shifts.  Possibly going part-time, fingers crossed!!  I dream of seeing my husband more! Goal met (the best it could be).  I dropped a day a week at work, so the most I will work until midnight is two times a week. :)
~If B and I are home together more evenings this year, cooking and eating more meals together.  We only get one or two nights a week at home together, which I try to always make a good, healthy dinner.  I feel like my boys need more home-cooked meals than that!  (I do have to give B credit though, he tries really hard to cook healthy meals for the 2 of them when I'm at work, which I know isn't easy).  Goal met I think...I really have taken on cooking as a hobby.  The only TV I watch consistently is the Food Network and I've tried a lot of new recipes lately. Italian food is a favorite for me.  I recently made Chicken Parmesan and Sausage Fettucine Alfredo from scratch.  I'm really, truly lucky that Peyton is not a picky eater.  He will eat almost anything I cook.  Hopefully Olivia will be the same way!
~Patience and prioritizing.  I'm sure it will take some adjusting to having 2 kids, a newborn and a 4-year-old.  I really want to try to have a ton of patience.  I want to make sure that Peyton has a lot of one-on-one time and not feel neglected with a new baby at home.  I'm hoping I'll be able to juggle caring for a newborn, keeping Peyton entertained/engaged, spending quality time with B, keeping the house in order, making time to workout, etc etc etc. It will take some time to get a schedule down, but I'm hoping to stay organized and prioritize well.  FAIL. See my recent post.  I'm working on this.  I've started doing Jillian Michael 30-day shred workouts which are PERFECT for me because they are only 20 minutes.  (20 minutes of non-stop gruel!)  Now if I could only find a 20-min clean house routine.  ;)
~More date nights with B and a take a weekend or more away with just the two of us. We have been much better with this compared to when we had Peyton as a newborn.  It took us months to go anywhere without him. We've had a handful of dinner dates so far.  We've been pondering a long-weekend getaway to Vegas...we'll see if that happens this year. 

No comments: