Friday, December 5, 2014

Rest in Peace Pancho Boy 01/24/02-11/23/14

On November 23, we had to make the heartbreaking decision to put Pancho to sleep.  Gosh, it was so hard!  He had been having trouble breathing and stopped eating so we took him into the ER where they put him on oxygen and took an xray.  His heart was failing and he was suffering.  He had canine epilepsy his whole life and was on anti-seizure medication for many years.  These meds eventually took a bad toll on his liver, which was proven on the xray.  I can't explain how heart wrenching it was to having him pass away in my arms.  He was the best dog! Never a chewer, loved to play fetch, loved to be chased, loved to lay on heater vents and a little bit of a barker.  He was my first ever dog and I can never be more grateful to B for gifting him to me when we were dating for my 22nd birthday.  I love you Pancho!
We had his paws imprinted as a keepsake

We got Tootsie 2 years after we got him and she is so depressed without him.  He was her companion for her entire life.  She is a completely different dog now.  Way more mellow and attached to us like glue.  I truly believe that dogs grieve too. 
Here's a few of my favorite pics of him...
This pic was taken a few weeks ago...best friends.
Christmas 2003 with his other late sister Roxy
My boy

Always lounging

He wasn't the biggest fan of the kids, but he was often protective of him.  Peyton took it pretty hard and still gets sad.
Basking in the sun at Wickiup
He had the best howl
Little Peyt taking him on a walk.

He always snuggled himself up in a blanket.

 
Rest in peace handsome boy.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

RIP sweet Pancho :( <3