Wednesday, February 17, 2016

9

February 19.. our boy turned 9!!  It feels so weird to say that we have a 9-year-old.  Here's what's going on with Peyt:

School:
Peyt continues to do well in school.  This year in 3rd grade, we've learned that math is his best subject.  He was moved to a different math study group for kids who need more of a challenge.  His reading and writing are great too, he just doesn't enjoy it as much as math/science.  He also loves learning about religion, his teacher said he's very into it and loves to contribute when they're discussing religion.  His recent report card comments from his teacher: "Peyton is doing very well and has increased significantly in school.  His math skills have jumped quite a bit, even in the past few weeks and his writing is much more organized.  Keep up the good work Peyton!"
3rd grade photo

Activities:
Peyton loves to be outdoors.  He is still obsessed with camping and started cub scouts this year which he is really enjoying. He loves to work with his hands, building things and being creative.  He is playing basketball and baseball which he enjoys off and on. He also likes playing with his iPod and Xbox, playing cards and board games.  This kid is so family-oriented...he is in his best mindset and mood when we are around a lot of family.  

Appetite:
Peyt continues to be an awesome eater.  His appetite fluctuates though, right now he doesn't have a big appetite. He is definitely a carnivore. His faves are sloppy joes, steak, meatloaf, tacos/burritos, stew, carrots, apples, kiwi, smoothies, sandwiches and the list goes on.  He will pretty much try anything once.  

Personality:
Peyton is a moody kid.  He is a pessimist (kind of like myself, I still struggle with this today) and small things can put him in a bad mood. Boredom is usually what triggers this in him.  However, he has the biggest heart and cares so much about the people he loves. He can be serious but also super silly. He thrives on being busy and around people.  When he isn't, that's when his mood can change.  He is also very passionate about things he believes in.  We always say he'd be a great lawyer, because he will argue until he gets his point across, or until he proves his point.  :)  I love every part of him!

9-year Check-up: (04/29/16)

Height: 4' 7.25" (up 2.5 inches from last year)
Weight: 67.5 lbs (up 6.5 lbs from last year)

Annual Questionairre:

My favorite toy: iPod
My favorite sport: Basketball
The best show on TV: Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn
The coolest person on Earth: Michael Jordan
My favorite thing to do in school: PE
If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd go: Disney World
My favorite colors: Light Blue
When I grow up I'm going to be: A lawyer
My favorite song: Justin Bieber-Sorry
The book I'm loving right now: Harry Potter books
Two words to describe me are: Silly and serious
My favorite season: Summer
The best thing about camping is: Swimming and tubing
My favorite food: Sloppy Joe's
One food I really dislike: Avocado
My best friend: Kevin, Shea and he misses his BF Ethan who he barely see's anymore :(
If I had one wish it would be: to have a magic wand
My best memory: Disneyland


My boy

Such a good big bro
The week of his birthday, the kids had the week off of school. We had already celebrated a few times before his birthday so on his actual birthday we had lunch with Meggan, Shea, and Tabor and then headed to G6 airpark.  It was a fun day.  

Happy Birthday Peyton Prazeau!

No comments: