Monday, April 4, 2011

2 Months

Well our little Olivia is 2-months-old now! I feel like I've really gotten to know her better this month, she's more predictable, and we've definitely got our little schedule going.  Here's what our sweet girl is up to...

~Eating: Baby girl is still a very slow eater and we struggle to keep her awake for her feedings.  She eats about every 3-4 hours during the day, eating 3-4 ounces.  She will eat 5-6 ounces before bed though. 

~Sleeping: Olivia has slept really well the past couple of nights. She sleeps really well for the first stretch (from about 8-9pm to 2-4am) and then is up every 2-3 hours after that. Last week she was up every 3-4 hours which wasn't fun, but I'm sure it was due to the cold that her and I caught again from Peyton.  (Dang preschool germs!)  Last night she slept 7 hours straight!  I really hope she keeps increasing her stretches of sleep for when I go back to work in a couple of weeks.  :( She takes about 3 naps per day.  Her morning nap is usually the longest, ranging from 2-3 hours and then her other two naps are about an hour long.  It's been hard keeping her on a good nap schedule when Peyton has school.  I usually end up waking her up when I have to pick him up. 
I've been working on sleep training her.  I rocked Peyton to sleep until he was about a year old, quietly trying to transfer him from my arms and into his crib without waking him up.  It took forever sometimes and I remember wishing I didn't get him in the habit of being rocked to sleep.  I wait until Olivia is sleepy and lay her down while she is still awake.  She will suck her fingers, fuss a bit, but usually (especially for naps) will fall asleep on her own within 5-10 minutes.  After her last feeding before bed it takes a little longer.  I sometimes will hold a pacifier in her mouth (she will not keep it in her mouth on her own for the life of her) for a few minutes until she falls asleep.  Then I'll go back in and check on her 10-15 min later to take the pacifier out (which usually she's spit out by then).  It's so much easier to have her fuss for a little while, then to rock her forever and hope that she doesn't wake up when I transfer her to her crib!

~Olivia still is a pretty happy baby.  She smiles the most right after she eats and her fussy time is in the evenings.  She's starting to coo/gurgle which is so fun to hear!  I try and do some tummy time a few times a day.  She loves looking and listening to her big brother.  He can get smiles from her even during her fussy time.  After hating her baths in the first couple of weeks, bath time is now one of her favorite activities.  When I shop or do activities with Peyton, I carry her in the Bjorn which she loves.  As soon as I start walking, she is out like a light.

~Her two-month appointment statistics:
  •  Weight: 11 lbs 2 oz, 60th percentile (Up from 7 lbs 11 oz at 2 weeks)
  • Height: 23.5 inches, 90th percentile (Up from 21.5 inches at 2 weeks)
  • Head circumference: 38 cm, 30th percentile (Up from 36 cm at 2 weeks)


Her eyes are a deep blue right now like Peyton's were.  His eyes are hazel now, we'll see how hers turn out.
 



I can't even begin to explain how much he loves her, it makes my heart so happy.



Gotta love Pancho pouting in the background.  :)

She's got great neck strength

Check out her mini mullet


LOVE



She now sucks her fingers, but occasionally gets her thumb.



She kicks her feet and pumps her arms like crazy.


I'm loving shopping for all the cute girl clothes!


No comments: