Thursday, April 28, 2011

3 months

Olivia is 12 weeks old today!  It's flown by, but then again, it seems like it's been forever ago that I was pregnant.  I've been back to work for a couple of weeks now, and we are getting into a new routine.  The first few days were ROUGH.  She was still up every 3 hours, so with me getting off at midnight, I got about 4-5 hours of broken up sleep.  I felt like a zombie!  I've since decided to drop a day a week at work which will be great.  I found myself praying so hard that we could figure out her formula deal and that she would start miraculously sleeping better, otherwise I really felt like I would turn into a crazy person.  But, we apparently found the golden formula ticket!  A couple weekends ago we tried Good Start Soy formula, she was still spitting up a ton, but eating a bit better.  After that was gone, on the morning of April 20, I tried Similac Soy...she slept from 9pm-630am that night!!!  I thought for sure it was just a fluke, and didn't get my hopes up at all, but she's been sleeping through the night ever since. Its's such a relief to have a happy, fully-fed, rested baby (and mommy/daddy). 
She's really mastered thumb sucking in the past couple of weeks, so I think that's also a factor in her improved night sleep.  She's able to soothe herself back to sleep if she wakes up during the night. 

Eating:  Now that we've figured out which formula works for her, she eats a lot better.  She's eating 4-5 oz per feeding, and not taking so long to finish her bottle.  She still spits up, but nothing like before.  She eats about every 3-5 hours during the day. 

Sleeping: She takes 3 naps a day.  Her first two naps are usually 2 hours long, unless I'm having to wake her up to leave the house.  Her late afternoon/evening nap is about an hour long.  She usually goes to bed  around 9pm every night and sleeps 9-12 hours straight.  I'm crossing my fingers that this is her new 'norm!'

Awake time: Olivia is usually up for a couple of hours at a time during the day.  After she eats she is a happy, happy girl and gives us tons of smiles and coos.  She really started cooing right around 2 months.  She likes to sit in her bouncy seat, under her baby gym, and after her tummy is settled a bit she has some tummy time.  She definitely loves to have someone talking to her or to be near all the action.  She's starting to reach out for her toys, hold on to them for a while, or bring them to her mouth, and bats at the hanging toy in her baby gym.  Peyton loves that she's becoming more interactive. 

Speaking of Peyton...he really is such a huge help when it comes to his sister.  B and I are on our own with both kids during the week, so having Peyton so ready and willing to help is awesome.  On Peyton's school days, the mornings are kind of hectic, especially when I work until midnight the night before.  If we wake up too late, I often times have to have him fix himself his own breakfast (he's got toast, cereal or oatmeal down), get dressed, and brush his teeth all on his own (with my supervision) as I feed Olivia. He (most of the time) loves to be this independent.  He's such a great big brother.







I love her little rolls.




Cooing away...


Kicking away

She can't get enough of that thumb!



Love my babygirl..


1 comment:

poopsie said...

awww nice, just as sweet as can be. love how P loves her too. and that video of cooing....omg. :)