Monday, July 13, 2009

Birdies

So a couple sparrows have made a nest on the top of our front porch light. They are making a mess though, and once they abandon the nest we'll be moving the nest. It was fun watching them build the nest and seeing them so close up, however there was a mishap the other day. I had the front screen door halfway down to air out the house while I was painting. I was busy painting and all of the suddent heard a loud 'bang!' over and over-one of the birds had flown into the house! Tootsie was freaking out chasing it all over the house (and I was freaking out too, not knowing what to do and not liking it swooping around me trying to find its way out!) I finally got a hold of Tootsie, put her in her kennel and ran to the garage to get some gloves and try and catch this bird before it killed itself. It was freaking me out though because I wouldnt know where it was and I'd slowly creep into another room looking for it, and it would flap around my head! Creepy!!!! It continued to run into the dining room/kitchen windows (where I was painting-and pooped on a freshly painted window sill! LOVELY.) It ended up getting a wing stuck in some of the painter's tape and I was able to gently pick it up and let it outside-where it flew away. What a fiasco that was!



No comments: