Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day weekend at the beach!

We headed to Rockaway Beach with my two brothers and their families for a 3-night stay at a big house right on the beach.  This was Olivia's first trip to the coast and a memorable one!  We had lots of fun hanging out on the beach, eating, laughing, and we went out and explored some fun things like the jetty, tide pools, crabbing, a light house, and some window shopping in town.  I'm ready to go back.  I forget how much I love the Oregon coast.

Her first time walking in sand...she wasn't sure at first.

 Peyton always had sticks on the beach...



Cousins

Twin Rocks.  I took this picture from inside the living room window of the house.  Such a great view.

The kids got lots of bonding time with their uncles, aunts and cousins.

Austin and Peyton on the Jetty


If you look close, we spotted a seal right off the jetty

A star fish hanging out on the rocks

Gangstas.  We're idiots

Peyton with Scotch

Daddy and Livs taking a walk on the docks while Hughy gets some crab bait for his trap

Hugh tossed the crab trap into the ocean and we headed to the tide pools to explore.  Under every rock were baby crabs. 

Iphone games


Getting wood to set up a bon fire.  It was a perfect night for it!


The sun peaked out lots which felt so nice and warm

Randy and Marissa playing some catch

Nerd



Uncle Hughy giving some loves to Livs
Olivia was tired after shopping so I headed home with her so she could nap and I could start dinner. Everyone else went to go see a light house.
Octopus tree

View from up by the light house


Last night on the beach..


Hughy was walking down the beach with Scotch and came back with a starfish that he found in the shore! Cool stuff...


Before we started driving home we hiked up this HUGE sand hill (I ran up and down it twice to get somewhat of a workout in...holy moly, out of shape this girl is.  Amy should be sending me some (really attractive I'm sure) action pics of me running down).


Running down! I was so afraid he was going to face plant.  It's STEEP!
View from the top


1 comment:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

What a fun trip! And I just LOVE that first photo! It's just so sweet.