Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

First thing he said when he walked out was, "Santa came! Where's my vacuum?!?"
Checking out what Santa put in our stockings

Checking to see if Santa ate his cookies.

Daddy showing Peyton how to work his race car track.

Legos!

Just what he was waiting for.  He didn't want to open any more gifts after this.

He couldn't wait to get it open.

Testing her out.

Matching slippers for Daddy and Peyton.
Showing me his digital camera Santa brought.


Daddy and Peyton opening a gift from Mommy-new baseball gloves and baseballs. I finally found a left-thrower's glove.

My favorite gift that B gave me! Can't wait to start reading on it.

Putting some legos together with Dad.

Trying his glove on.

Then we headed over to my Dad's for the Prazeau celebration.  We had tons of food that we snacked on throughout the afternoon.  Again, this holiday was just weird without my mom.  I don't know that it will ever be the same without her. 
He loved his BBQ that Uncle Randy/Aunt Amy got him.




Pillow pet from Aunt Susie/Uncle Brett

Fishing pole from Aunt Bonnie/Uncle John.

Giving Grandpa the mug he painted for him.

All 5 of us kids went in together and got my dad a nice, new grill.


Then we left my Dad's and headed over to B's parents to end the night.  He got lots more stuff, including a new bedding set for his new bed that we'll be setting up in a week or so. 

Opening his remote control car from Grammy/Papa.

Grammy opening her penguins that she loved.

 This Christmas was definitely an off one.  I expected it to be different and hard to go through the holidays just a couple months after my mom passed, but wow it was really hard to get in the Christmas spirit.  If it weren't for Peyton it would have been 10 times worse.  Seeing the joy he experiences during the holidays definitely helped me cope.  Every year may get easier, but there will always be a void in our hearts.  However, I know my mom had a great Christmas with Jesus up in heaven! 

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!



No comments: